Mat Demaz Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Going Forward

2 posters

Go down

Going Forward Empty Going Forward

Post by Mr. DGAF Sat Aug 24, 2013 4:57 pm

Well, after a few listens and digesting, this is my spoiler free review of Eedee's debut album. I'll post a track by track review when it drops. 

Going Forward:

Eedee's taken a lot of time to perfect this one. The saying "quality over quantity rings" true when thinking of this album. While its not perfect, it's the perfect sound for Eedee. 

Without giving too much away, I will say this. The production is fantastic through the album. Mat and Eedee did a great job of keeping it sonically consistent and pleasing. Lots of great melodies and catchy sounds coming from the beats. It's also a break away from some of the poppy sounding beats Eedee has graced us with recently. 

The hooks are outstanding. There's some really, really catchy shit on here for the hook. Mirage is a stand out on that front. Perfect blend of catchy yet meaningful. 

The lyricism is a huge step in the right direction. Tighter lyrics allow for a better all around verse. The direction is clear through all songs, with little to no detour and an abundance of clarity in story telling. The rhymes may not be as packed in some areas, but each lyric is even more impactful because of this. 

Flow is heaps better. This is something I've personally been trying to help Eedee with, though he's pretty much got it on his own. It's unique and interesting, often taking a few listens to fully catch all the subtle nuances. 

I didn't think Eedee was capable of making music like this. Easily his best musical piece to date, and a solid album on general. One I find myself repeating on my own accord quite often. I'd give it a 7.3/10. Not quite perfect, but a great leap forward into what should be a promising musical career.
Mr. DGAF
Mr. DGAF
Lil' Homie
Lil' Homie

Demaz Dollars : 76456

Back to top Go down

Going Forward Empty Re: Going Forward

Post by mdemaz Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:11 am

I'm a faggot.
mdemaz
mdemaz
Admin