Mat Demaz Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Freddie Gibbs Shot at in Williamsburg

Go down

Freddie Gibbs Shot at in Williamsburg Empty Freddie Gibbs Shot at in Williamsburg

Post by mdemaz Fri Nov 07, 2014 7:19 pm

Freddie Gibbs Shot at in Williamsburg 170302177
Freddie Gibbs
Photo: Getty Images

Two people were shot in a trendy section of Williamsburg, Brooklyn, early Tuesday, in what was purportedly a rap beef.

Hip-hop musician Freddie Gibbs, who had just performed at a record store called Rough Trade, claimed he was the intended target when shots were fired at 1:13 a.m. while he was sitting in a black GMC Denali at North 9th Street near Wythe Avenue.

Freddie Gibbs Shot at in Williamsburg 2_wounded_after_night_club_shooting_in_brooklyn-2
The scene on North 9th and Wythe streets in Brooklyn
Photo: Demetrius E. Loadholt

Gibbs’ crew had barely rolled one block away when the gunman — dressed in a dark hoodie — ran up to their ride and fired several shots inside, the rapper said.

“They tried to kill Tupac. They tried to kill me,” Gibbs told The Post outside the club. “I’m still alive.”

Asked why he would be targeted, Gibbs said: “I’m Freddie Gibbs. They tried to kill me, but I’m still alive.”

Gibbs said he jumped out and ran to safety back at Rough Trade. He spotted the gunman fleeing east on 9th Street.

The gunman was seen on security video inside Rough Trade, trying to blend into Gibbs’ entourage while his crew was hanging out inside the club’s Guardian Green Room, police said.

Freddie Gibbs Shot at in Williamsburg 2_wounded_after_night_club_shooting_in_brooklyn

“He [the shooter] was standing around you guys all night,” an investigator told Gibbs. “He was stalking you guys. We can tell on camera, he wanted it to look like he knew you, but it’s clear he didn’t. When you guys left, he was waiting for you outside.”

Cops showed Gibbs pictures of the gunman, and another man seen inside the club with him, but the rapper didn’t recognize either man.

Rough Trade doesn’t have metal detectors and doesn’t check customers for weapons, police said.

“They don’t have metal detectors, they don’t use wands,” the investigator said, “nothing prevents somebody from bringing in a gun.”

The gunman could have shot Gibbs inside, but instead opened fire when they were all outside.

“At one point, he [the shooter] was standing right next to you,” the investigator said. “The opportunity was there if he wanted to shoot.”

One victim was hit in the leg during the attack, and the other in the hand. Both are expected to survive their wounds, police said.

Both victims were transported to Bellevue Hospital and listed in stable condition. Police did not identify the victims.

There were no immediate arrests.

Source

Admin
Admin

Demaz Dollars : 94224

https://matdemaz.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down